Saturday, May 20, 2006

SWBC ANNUAL CONFERENCE


Every year the Southwest Baptist Conference (SWBC) holds their Annual Gathering in the City of Anaheim, California, wherein many Pastors, Church Planters, Missionaries, and Church Leaders get together to hear great speakers, to fellowship, encourage one another, and to just see whats been going on among our sister churches.

This year I took Pastor Alan along with me to attend the conference which was held from May 18 to 19. It was a really "spiritually uplifting" and encouraging conference, and we got to hear two inspiring speakers - Leith Anderson and George Barna.

We also attended a session that taught us how to answer question about the book/movie "The Da Vinci Code". It was taught by Mark Strauss who is a New Testament Scholar and teaches at Bethel University. He's a very smart man! I was really impressed!

The picture above shows George Barna talking about "Thinking Like Jesus." He has been called "The most quoted person in Christian Churches today." I myself have quoted him in my sermons many times.

Next year its my hope that many more of our CICF Church leaders would attend as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home