Thursday, January 01, 2015

NEW YEAR, NEW CHOICES



Isaiah 43:18-19
18 "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

Philippians 3:13-14
13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

My friends, a brand new year has arrived. But with this new year comes an important choice that everyone has to make:

You can either continue to live in the past, with all its mistakes, and grudges, and hurts, and unforgiveness, and insecurities, and failures,

or,

You can move forward "forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead."

This new year brings new opportunities to do what is right, new chances to improve and to make a change for the better, new challenges to grow, and another chance to right any wrongs.

So please - don't let this New Year go to waste. Let go of yesterday, move forward, and live for Christ.

But most of all, if you still don't know Jesus as your Savior and Lord, then it is my hope and prayer that 2015 will be the year that you will. "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." (John 3:17)

Happy New Year my friends.
In Christ's Love,
Pastor Ed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home