Wednesday, August 30, 2006

SABBATICAL BLESSINGS

As I approach the end of my Sabbatical I find myself very excited to get back into ministry, to see all the church members again, and to share with the congregation the Vision that the Lord has shown to me during my Sabbatical.

These 3 months away from ministry was an enormous blessing as it allowed me to really focus on the Lord to discern His Will for our Church, something I really couldn’t do while I was deeply engaged in active (and busy) pastoral ministry.

In my 9 years as a pastor, I’ve never taken a Sabbatical vacation before, but now I realize the incredible benefits that come from it which allowed me to filter out the busy pastoral duties in my life, which in turn allowed me to better hear God’s voice and “recharge my batteries.”

On Sunday, September 3, I will be returning to the pulpit to share about my Sabbatical experience, but more importantly, to make clear to the Church our new vision and the direction that God wants us to take. It is my hope that I’ll see you there this coming Sunday, as we all “Produce Transformed Lives and Devoted Followers for Christ.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home