Thursday, January 01, 2009

Encouraging Words for the Faithful Servants of Christ

Happy New Year!

We all need encouraging at times. I know I do. We've all heard the following verses before, but sometimes it's nice to just hear them again and to reflect and be reminded that He's always there for us.

As active workers of the church, we have all found out by now that ministry can be an incredible blessing, as well as something that can be so difficult and frustrating. I hope these verses will encourage all of you who faithfully serve the Lord as we face a New Year that is filled with new challenges and new hopes as we all together glorify Him.

In His Love,
Pastor Ed
_______________________________________________________________

"God doesn't care what I'm doing!"
Hebrews 6:10
God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love
you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

"My hard work is just a waste of time!"
1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move
you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because
you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

"I'm too tired!"
Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will
give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am
gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

"It's not worth it!"
Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of
those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

"You left me God! You abandoned me!"
Hebrews 13:5
"…God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake
you."

"I am weak, terrified, and discouraged!"
Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not
be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be
with you wherever you go."

"I'm afraid!"
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of
power, of love and of self-discipline.

"I'm frustrated!"
1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

"I can't go on!"
2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my
power is made perfect in weakness."

"I just don't have what it takes!"
Exodus 6:28 – 7:6

"I'm all alone. Nobody understands!"
1 Kings 19:11-21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home