Thursday, June 09, 2011

HOW DO I FACE THE FUTURE?

SERMON NOTES/D GROUP QUESTIONS 6/5/11

Sermon Series: Questions You Always Wanted To Ask About Life
HOW DO I FACE THE FUTURE?


Ecclesiastes 8:7 "Since no man knows the future, who can tell him what is to come?"

I. WHAT NOT TO DO
1. Don't Boast about tomorrow! (Proverbs 27:1, James 4:13-16)
2. Don't Worry about tomorrow! (Matthew 6:34)
3. Don't Procrastinate about tomorrow! (Ecclesiastes 11:4)

II. HOW TO FACE AN UNCERTAIN FUTURE
God's advice to Joshua (Joshua 1:1-11)
1. Prepare for the future (Joshua 1:2-3, 11a; Proverbs 16:9)
2. Stay in the Word (Joshua 1:7-8)
3. Have the courage to step out in faith (Joshua 1:6-9)

D Group Discussion Questions:
1. What areas have you been struggling with in facing the future?
(Boasting, Worrying, or Procrastinating about tomorrow?)

2. How are you doing with the following: (Please take the time to open up to your group. Make it personal and be honest!)

a. My Plans:
b. My Time with God's Word:
c. My Trust in God:

3. What area in your life do you need to have the courage to step out in faith?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and am going to forward it to someone. It's going to really bless them. I just thought you might enjoy knowing this. Have a lovely day! Lynn

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home