Tuesday, March 28, 2006

TALBOT SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY


The Bible says in Acts 19:9-11, “But some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them. He took the disciples with him and had discussions daily in the lecture hall of Tyrannus. This went on for two years, so that all the Jews and Greeks who lived in the province of Asia heard the word of the Lord.”

In the context of this verse, there were Jews who were maliciously slandering Christianity. So the Apostle Paul leaves the Jews, gathers together the disciples, and for two years “equipped” the disciples to learn and correctly understand God’s Word as they met everyday together at the lecture hall of Tyrannus.

Much of my “equipping” for being able to correctly learn, understand and teach God’s Word came from my education and training in the “lecture halls” of Talbot School of Theology at Biola University.

It was here that God taught me "In Depth" His Word, and the things I needed to know in starting and pastoring a church through the experience and expertise of humble and godly professors. By His grace, and after five years, I finally received my Master of Divinity degree on December of 2001.

Many professors at Talbot were extremely encouraging and helpful to me because many were pastors and church planters themselves and could relate to exactly what I was going through as I was starting the church at the same time having a family, working as an RN, and going to seminary.

Pictured above is Dr. Gary DeWeese "in action" in one of the Lecture Halls of Talbot. Gary is one of my favorite professors who had helped and greatly encouraged me through my “seminary” years.

Is God calling you to go further in serving Him? Then I’d like to highly recommend that you enroll at Talbot. You won’t regret it.

Please click here for the Talbot website,
and here for the Biola University website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home