Thursday, March 23, 2006

INTERESTING ARTICLE ON PASTORAL MINISTRY

So I’m busy at work in my church office today doing different things (sermon prep, phone calls, returning phone calls, preparing a wedding program for a wedding I’ll be officiating on April 1), and Pastor John Reed knocks on my door and hands me an article entitled “The Pressures of Pastoral Ministry.” It’s a very interesting article and after reading it was a great reminder for me on how much I really need the Lord as I juggle so many things in my life (husband, father, pastor, etc.), and that if I’m not careful – that I too can burn-out and get depressed like so many other pastors have in the past. Although the article is dated November 2002, I believe it still holds true today.


Pastor John by the way is a great friend and mentor of mine for the past nine years, and is the Senior Pastor of our host church – Faith Bible Church. He’s always ready to give me advice, encouragement, the joke of the day, etc. His wife Georgie is also very encouraging and supportive to my wife Cory. Just last week the four of us had a great dinner together at a nice café (John paid).

If you’d like to see this article, just click here.
To go to the Faith Bible Church website (Pastor John’s Church), please click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home