Wednesday, March 15, 2006

THE BEAUTY OF GOD'S CREATION



Last March 10 and 11 (Friday and Saturday), Southern California experienced a storm that brought cold weather and snow on our local mountains. The top picture was taken Monday morning from my backyard and shows the Angeles Crest Mountains still covered with a lot of snow (I used a zoom lense). The second picture was taken yesterday night while I was walking our dog. In the cool and quiet of the night, I was in awe of how the clouds where illuminated “just right” by the moon. Priceless.

Whenever I see nature scenes like the two pictures above, I think of it as if the Lord is saying to me, “Slow down Ed, pause for a moment, and enjoy the beauty of My creation.”

I guess in our busy lives, we sometimes forget to look around us and appreciate the work of the “Master Artist” who surrounds us with so much beauty for our enjoyment, to relax our mind, body, and souls, and also - so there would be no doubt in anyone’s mind that there is a God who made all of this.

Romans 1:20 says, “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities – His eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home