Thursday, July 21, 2011

HOW MUCH MONEY IS ENOUGH?

SERMON NOTES/D GROUP QUESTIONS 7/10/11

HOW MUCH MONEY IS ENOUGH?

I. WHAT WE HOPE WEALTH WILL BRING;
AND WHAT WEALTH REALLY BRINGS ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE

1. MORE SATISFACTION? ("I will be content with lots of money!")
Ecclesiastes 5:10

2. MORE SIGNIFICANCE? ("People will respect me more if I'm rich!")
Luke 12:15

3. MORE SECURITY? ("I will be secure!")
Proverbs 23:5

4. MORE PEACE OF MIND? ("I can relax more and have peace of mind!")
Ecclesiastes 5:12

5. MORE MONEY TO GIVE AWAY? ("I can help others in need if I win the Lotto!")
Ecclesiastes 5:13; Matthew 19:23-24


II. WHAT GOD WANTS ME TO DO WITH MY MONEY

1. BE GRATEFUL (Eccl. 5:19; Deut. 8:18)

2. BE GENEROUS (Luke 12:20-21, 1 Timothy 6:17-19, Matthew 6:19-20)

3. BE WISE TO PUT GOD FIRST (Luke 16:13, Matthew 6:20-21)


So then....HOW MUCH MONEY IS ENOUGH?
Philippians 4:10-13; Matthew 6:33

The key: Being CONTENT with what God has already given you, and truly seeking God first instead of material wealth.


D Group Discussion Questions:
1. What were some things you hoped wealth would bring to you?

2. Being honest with God and yourself, by your present actions,
at this very moment, who is your master? God, or Money?

3. What can you say about the contrast between the world's perspective of money,
and God's perspective? How has God changed your perspective?

4. In the areas of being grateful, being generous, and being wise to put God first, what area(s) do I need to honestly improve on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home