Monday, April 03, 2006

CHURCH PLANTING


When we planted our Church back in May of 1997, I really wasn’t fully aware of what I was getting into. All I knew was that God called me and my wife Cory to start this church along with the Cancino and the Lacanienta family – and so by faith - that’s what we set out to do.

Well 9 years later, looking back at all the struggles, victories, mistakes, and challenges, I can honestly say that it was an incredible joy to have been part of a team that helped birth our church. The Lord was truly faithful as He guided us along every step of the way, and we (the founding and core members) all grew in faith because of what Jesus did in “birthing” His Church.

Because of my experience in starting our church, the SWBC asked me to help “coach” other pastors as they go through the struggles and joys of starting their own churches.

It is for this reason why I was in Rancho Bernardo last week to attend the Church-Planting Coach Recertification class, so that I would be better equipped to help coach other pastors as they plant a new church. I’m also part of the SWBC Missions Committee that helps in finding the “right seeds” to plant the church.

Currently I am coaching Pastor Ali Aguarino – a really wonderful Pastor who with his wife Yvonne, is starting a new Filipino-American Church in the City of Huntington Beach. The name of their church is “Lighthouse Christian Fellowship,” and their “Mother Church” is the Filipino-American Church of Irvine headed by my friend Pastor Vince Arnaldo.

You can help me as well in helping Pastor Ali and his wife Yvonne start their new church by simply “Praying” for them. Please pray that they would have wisdom, patience, and perseverance as they serve Christ in Huntington Beach.

If you believe God is calling you to help out with this new church plant in any way, please contact Pastor Ali by emailing him at: aaguarino@yahoo.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this information in this blog. The article which you have posted is highly informative.and I would be glad if you could post more article in this blog for future reference.
San Diego community faith church

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home