Monday, March 07, 2011

CHAOTIC OCEANS


I've noticed through the years that oceans can display their own moods. Sometimes they're calm, sometimes happy, sometimes peaceful, and sometimes even unsettled and out of control.

The above picture that I took in Laguna Beach near Goff Island shows an ocean that seems unsettled, agitated, chaotic, maybe even irritated as it is buffeted by the wind. I felt silly taking this picture on this cold and windy day because not only were my shoes constantly sinking in the wet sand, but I kept picking up my tripod to run away from an incoming wave!

Sometimes life can seem to be chaotic, unsettled, even out of control. But during those times its always good to be reminded that God is always in control.

Our own life can sometimes be out of control because we try to take control, when all we need to do is give God the right to be in control. God is often working on bigger pictures than we can see, and our role is simply to stand still and let Him work.

God said in Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Sometimes we can feel isolated and silly, slowly sinking in the wet sand of our own chaotic lives. But if we will put our faith in Him and be still and wait, God will bring together the right elements and we will receive the blessings He has for us.

Technical Info: 0.6 seconds @ f/16, Canon 5D, Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, 3 stop Neutral Density Grad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home